A handbag or accessory made from high-quality leather is a long-term investment that can last for decades. It's an inherently durable, hard-wearing material that gets even more beautiful with age. In fact, most of the time, a bit of wear and tear looks really great, provided it is properly cared for!
LES VISIONNAIRES BAGS CARE AND CLEANING
- No stress! Take care to protect LES VISIONNAIRES bags from rain, excessive heat, chemicals and rough surfaces that can easily scratch them.
- Break? Then keep the bag or accessory in the LES VISIONNAIRES Dustbag. If you also stuff the bag with a bit of paper, then the shape will be retained.
- heavyweight? Please do not! It is worth not loading the bags with too much weight and ensures that the handles and straps remain beautiful for a long time.
IMPREGNATION SPRAY – CREATE RESISTANCE!
rainy weather? To prevent rain and moisture from leaving stains on LES VISIONNAIRES bags, they need a protective layer. Waterproofing sprays are there for exactly that and should be reapplied every six to eight weeks. But beware of clouds of fog: less is more here.
- Cleaning: Gentle cleaning prior to impregnation helps ensure that the spray's ingredients are optimally effective.
- Waterproofing: Spray the LES VISIONNAIRES bags thinly with even movements from a distance of approx. 30 cm. The bag should not get too wet.
- Working: The impregnation should dry for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Repeat: Repeats the process two to three times.
STAIN REMOVAL THE GENTLE TOUR
Did your bag get wet? It dries best stuffed with (unprinted!) paper at room temperature. But please never put it on the heater or try to dry it with a hair dryer, that only makes the material brittle. Sunlight would also be fatal - this bleaches the color.
For all other stains there are usually good stain removers or cleaning sponges. When buying, make sure that these are suitable for the corresponding material. You should also test the cleaning tool in an inconspicuous area beforehand to be sure. You can then carefully try to remove the stain.
Important: be gentle with the material and don't forget to waterproof the handbag or accessory again afterwards.
NEED SPECIAL TREATMENT?
Each material is unique and requires individual care. Here are the best tips at a glance:
Whether cowhide, nappa or calfskin: All smooth leathers look forward to regular care treatments with a suitable leather cream, milk or a mild cleaning foam. In this way, the leather not only retains its color but also remains supple and beautiful for a long time. But please don't overdose here either: otherwise stains will appear!
The particularly sensitive types of leather include suede, suede and nubuck leather. Water and oils – watch out, hand cream! – can quickly leave stains, which is why suede leather should only be cleaned dry. A suede brush is your best friend when it comes to minor dirt. For larger stains, you should use the special agent for suede leather.
By the way: worn areas can be refreshed quickly with such a brush. Impregnate quickly - done!
Synthetic fibers are generally easy to care for. Dirt can usually be easily removed with mild shampoo or soap and lukewarm water.